Travel Medicine Consultation
Travel Medicine Services at MDA — located in Summit, Westfield and Millburn, New Jersey — offers travel consultations, travel immunizations and travel medications to help protect you while traveling internationally. At MDA Travel Medicine, our goal is to help you stay healthy and safe while you're traveling or living overseas.
We offer travel vaccinations and advice customized for each patient's health needs. You can help prevent health problems before they arise by visiting MDA Travel Medicine before your trip, and we provide consultations if you return with health problems. Travel counseling includes current reports about health conditions in countries worldwide for individuals, groups, and corporations.
What is Travel Medicine?
Travel Medicine Vaccines & Immunizations
- How Vaccines Work
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Twinrix (Combined Hepatitis A & B) Vaccine
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) Vaccine
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) Vaccine
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia) Vaccine
- Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test
- Polio (Poliomyelitis) Vaccine
- Rabies (pre and post exposure) Treatment
- Shingles Vaccine
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TD or Tdap) Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Chickenpox (Varicella) Vaccine
- Yellow Fever (state certified)
No matter where you are planning to travel, you should know that you will be exposed to new organisms that could make you very ill. As an new explorer or as an experienced traveler you should be aware of the environment you’ll be visiting. Ideally, you should schedule your appointment with a Travel Medicine Specialist 4-6 weeks prior to your departure date. However, we will always try to accommodate last minute travelers.